Monday, April 26, 2010

NFL draft over, time for new cards


Now that the NLF draft is over, I'm able to complete a few football card custom creations that have been hanging fire.

I wanted to be able to include the information on my card backs of which team had tkane the player, and in which round.

Here's the first . . . Tim Tebow. I was glad to see him taken in the first round. I hope his pro career continues the success he enjoyed in college.

I was fortunate enough to see Tebow play in the first college football game I ever attended. (At least the first one I remember, but that's a story for another time.) My daughter and I attended the 2007 game at Oxford between Ole Miss and then-National Champion Florida.

The Rebels made it an unexpectedly close game and sometime during the third quarter, when Mississippi was driving towards what would have been a go-ahead score, I realized I could die a happy man. I mean I really COULD die. It was only about year after my heart attack and I was screaming the Rebel yell like a University Gray at Gettyburg. That road trip with my kid was something special, and watching Tebow that day, I knew he was something special.

Anyway, here's my 1955 Topps All-American style tribute card. You can see more of my custom cards at www.tinyurl.com/customcards . I'll be posting two other new football cards in the next few days, along with a couple of new baseball creations.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, criticism, additional information, questions, etc., are welcome . . . as long as they are germane to the original topic. All comments are moderated before they are allowed to appear and spam comments are deleted before they ever appear. No "Anonymous User" comments are allowed.