Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sharing a swell photo

In honor of the second anniversary of this blog, I'm going to offer something different for my 333rd posting.

This time I'm not sharing any reader discoveries, or showcasing my latest custom card creation or giving you a baseball history tidbit.

I just wanted you to see this cabinet card that I've had -- actually on my vintage booze collectibles shelf in my living room display cabinet -- for many years.

It's just a turn-of-the-last-century studio image of three swells shooting the breeze, sipping some Schlitz and chewing on stogies.

I don't know who they are or where the photo was shot. Penned on the back is the name "Shepard".

It was a more elegant time, wasn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, criticism, additional information, questions, etc., are welcome . . . as long as they are germane to the original topic. All comments are moderated before they are allowed to appear and spam comments are deleted before they ever appear. No "Anonymous User" comments are allowed.