Thursday, July 25, 2013

Rethinking my '69 Joe DiMaggio custom card

Last time (July 23) I presented my 1969 Topps-style Joe DiMaggio custom card creation.

I mentioned that having to reuse the photo that I had used for my 1968-style card was less than ideal and that I'd be looking to upgrade if a new photo came along.

That new photo was quick in coming. A regular reader directed me to a photo on the internet that appears to be a larger version of the portrait photo 35mm slide I had been unable to use earlier because of its horizontal orientation. This new picture is vertical in nature, picturing the A's coach in a pose from cap to upper chest.
Its format lends itself well to a 1969-style baseball card.

I'm definitely satisfied with the front of my newest custom card, but I'm still up in the air about the back.
As I said on the 23rd, I was unable to convert the portrait photo to a close approximation of what Topps had done.

I made another attempt at the back with a more stylized/posterized image. I'll look at both for a while before I decide which version will be printed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, criticism, additional information, questions, etc., are welcome . . . as long as they are germane to the original topic. All comments are moderated before they are allowed to appear and spam comments are deleted before they ever appear. No "Anonymous User" comments are allowed.