Thursday, January 16, 2014

My take on a 1956 Topps-style Musial


As I mentioned in my entry of Jan. 14, I'm planning to add a few Stan Musial cards to my repertoire.

When FOX sports screwed me out of the Steelers-Browns game on Dec. 29, I decided to begin work on a '56. Here's what I came up with.

If you ever collected 1956 Topps cards, you might recognize the background of my custom as originally appearing on Rip Repulski's card. I decided to flip the image horizontally for a more aesthetically pleasing (at least to me) composition.

The portrait is something I found on the internet and colorized. 

The backs of 1956-style cards are always a challenge. I try to find cartoons on original '56s that match the career highlights I've chosen. The cartoons I used on my Musial are from the cards of Wilmer Mizell (center), Glen Gorbous (right) and Don Blasingame (left).




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, criticism, additional information, questions, etc., are welcome . . . as long as they are germane to the original topic. All comments are moderated before they are allowed to appear and spam comments are deleted before they ever appear. No "Anonymous User" comments are allowed.