Monday, March 23, 2015

Newest custom card creations: 1940 Play Ball-style Reese, Rizzuto



My most recent custom baseball card creations are from my "alternate reality" collection.

In 1939-41 Gum Inc. did not include minor league player cards in their baseball issues. Beginning with a 1940-style Lou Novikoff L.A. Angels card (featured on this blog on June 10, 2014), I broke that convention.

Now I've added two more minor league cards in that 1940 format: Pee Wee Reese with the Louisville Colonels and Phil Rizzuto with the Kansas City Blues.

I did so because . . . well, because I found a couple of great photos of those Hall of Fame shortstops in their minor league days. And sometimes a great photo is reason enough to create a custom card, even if it requires stepping away from what was/is baseball card reality.

Since there's little I could tell you about Reese and Rizzuto, I'll just present my new cards for your enjoyment.

And tease by telling you to watch this space tomorrow for a 1941-style Phil Rizzuto Play Ball custom.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, criticism, additional information, questions, etc., are welcome . . . as long as they are germane to the original topic. All comments are moderated before they are allowed to appear and spam comments are deleted before they ever appear. No "Anonymous User" comments are allowed.