Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Schwinn Whizzer newest World on Wheels custom




Some months ago I saw an episode of Pawn Stars that included a Schwinn Whizzer motorized bicycle. 

I don't recall such a "store bought" contraption from my childhood, but guys in the neighborhood were always tinkering with putting motors on their bicycles and cobbling together go-karts, etc. There was even a rumor that a kid on another block had built himself a hovercraft that actually got off the ground.  From the perspective of 50+ years and a rudimentary knowledge of physics and mechanics, I now tend to disbelieve that claim.

The retro look and even the concept of the Schwinn Whizzer "Black Phantom" seemed like a good fit for an addition to the 1954-55 World on Wheels card set. I've previously done five other WoW customs (see my blog entries of Aug. 29 and 30, 2014, and Jan. 1 and 21, 2015).

As I've said in earlier postings, I could probably do a couple of dozen more World on Wheels customs off the top of my head, but I think I'll hold those in abeyance while I pursue more seasonal card projects in the baseball and football realms.

I expect that when the calendar turns to 2016, I'll be more motivated to add to my WoW offerings, as well as some other non-sports issues.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, criticism, additional information, questions, etc., are welcome . . . as long as they are germane to the original topic. All comments are moderated before they are allowed to appear and spam comments are deleted before they ever appear. No "Anonymous User" comments are allowed.