Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Custom '56 Paige breaks silence


A follower of my blog recently wrote to inquire about the now six-weeks' absence of new postings; he was concerned about my health.

 I appreciate the concern for the fact is my health has played the major part in the lack of new material in this space.

However, I have not totally abandoned the creation of new custom cards. In the coming days I'll share my latest with you.

The first is an addition to my  "Donovan's Drive-Ins" series of minor league players in the 1956 Topps format.

Rather than rehash the "back story," I'll give you this link: Donovan's backstory .

With the number of Satchel Paige photos I have in my "futures file," I doubt that I'll ever run out of Paige custom-card ideas.

While the triptych cartoons on the backs of 1956 Topps make creating new cards challenging, the set was one of my favorites, so I'll continue to turn them out.

You can order this card. Unless otherwise noted, all of my custom cards are available to collectors for $9.95 each, postpaid. Complete checklists of all my custom baseball, football and non-sports custom cards were published on this blog in late May (football), July 6 (non-sports) and Sept. 19 (baseball). To order, email me at scbcguy@yahoo.com for directions on paying via check/money order, or to my PayPal account.



1 comment:

Your comments, criticism, additional information, questions, etc., are welcome . . . as long as they are germane to the original topic. All comments are moderated before they are allowed to appear and spam comments are deleted before they ever appear. No "Anonymous User" comments are allowed.